Puntland President names a High Level Fact-Finding Committee on the Galkayo Airport killing of UN Staff
The President of Puntland State of Somalia, H.E Dr. Abdiweli Mohamed Ali this evening named a High Level Fact-Finding Committee on the Killing of the two innocent UN staff at the Galkayo Airport.
Members of the High Level Fact-Finding Committee include:
1. H.E Mr. Hassan Osman Aloore, Minister of Security, Chairperson
2. H.E Mr. Ali Haji Warsame, Minister of Education
3. Gen. Said Mohamed Hersi, Commander of Puntland Defense Forces
4. Gen. Mohamed Said Mohamed, Puntland Police Commissioner
5. Mr. Abdi Hassan Hussein, Director of Puntland Intelligence Agency
The committee will inspect the cause of the incident, examine the Airport Security Operations and prepare a detailed report on this matter.
The deceased staff worked for the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) as International Staff members and had landed in Galkayo Airport before their shooting.
H.E Dr. Abdiweli continues to share his condolences with the relatives and friends of the deceased staff, promises to facilitate the return of the victims home, and will discuss collaborations on strengthening the security of International Personnel with all international partners.